Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Garnier BB Cream for Oily Skin


Garnier BB Miracle Skin Perfector for Oily Skin


So, I received the new Garnier BB Miracle Skin Perfector for oily skin through my beloved Bzzagent as a campaign to try. I'm one of those girls that, thanks to genetics and a rough puberty, HAS to wear makeup or I look like Charlize Theron in Monster every day. I also have really annoying combination skin. And when I say combination skin, I don't mean I have a 'T-zone', I mean my whole freaking face is both oily and dry. Thus, makeup and I have a real love/hate relationship.

I spent years taking antibiotics and using prescription topical solutions to help with my skin. As mentioned in my previous post, I finally got my skin under control with the Simple Skin Care line, but my face is left with the aftermath of years of trial and error (ie. discoloration, scars and unevenness) With such finicky skin, I've tried everything: primers, mineral makeup, solid makeup, liquid makeup, tinted lotions, etc. For the most part, I require a liquid foundation with full coverage and ton of powder, reapplied through the day. 

When I found out I was selected to try this stuff, I was game - but pessimistic. I was TOTALLY surprised. It went on very smoothly, easily and evenly. It was like applying lotion to my face. My pores were minimized, my skin tone evened out and I didn't look like I had caked on my makeup. Yet, (along with some additionally dabbed on application in trouble spots) it covered as well as my full coverage liquid makeup. But, I still looked like me. It even lasted through the day! (Whether or not that will be the case when we hit 110 here in AZ is still to be seen)

I had but 2 complaints about this stuff. The BIGGIE to me is the lack of shade selection. Alas, my Scottish/Irish genes leave me a pale shade of glow-in-the-dark and the lightest of their shades available in the oily skin line is a bit dark. I have to use either bronzer on my chest and blend the crap out of it or apply self tanner. They do, however, make a lighter shade in the regular version on this stuff (hopefully that will be the case in the near future for the oily skin version)

My other complaint: How do you use this? I admit, although BB creams have been around for a while now, I was not in the know on how this works or how to use it. The directions on the box were for how to use it as sunscreen. (Um, if that's not what it's being marketed as, why is THAT the exclusive directions?) Was it to do under makeup? Do I need powder? Do I need lotion first? A bit more clarity on what the product is and how it works would go farther to the newbies or makeup-phobes out there, in my humble opinion.

Overall, I was very impressed with what this product delivered. I would recommend it to anyone any shade darker than me. 

*Although I did not pay to try this product, the opinions expressed are solely my own and based on my own experience. I have not been paid to endorse this product.



No comments:

Post a Comment