Wednesday, November 13, 2013

House Flip Project

From time to time, I consult and provide interior design and decorating advice. This is semi-recent flip project I did.



New carpet, paint, blinds and light fixture.


Here, we did the same and added the closet doors. I felt  the sconce on the wall needed to be less intrusive 


New carpet, paint, blinds and light fixture.


This was a great little nook that I saw as a den area. I really wanted to add in some floating shelving on the far wall to make it a more utilized area that felt more custom, but that didn't fall within the budget.


We had another light fixture was to be used in here but there was a delay in the delivery. He already had a renter that was fine with it. I added the chair railing not only to protect the walls, but to help transition the colors more fluidly making the space feel larger and more tied in. 


The kitchen had to be gutted. We salvaged the sink, stove and range hood. The cabinet access on the living room side felt pointless and silly. So, I opted to maintain the space by opting for narrower lower cabinets here, adding the wall and breakfast bar. We tiled the entire area before adding the cabinetry (which was on legs and not toe kicks. Perfect for a rental in case of water damage. The green was more accurately portrayed in the dining room picture. It really played off the color of the cabinetry. 


 We updated the bathroom using the same flooring tile up onto the wall to make the area feel larger and added the trim to modernize and jazz it up. 



I don't have a before picture of this bathroom. However, all that remained was the vanity              cabinet. We used the same concept with the flooring and tub surround.


I updated this master bedroom with new lighting, window blinds, paint, flooring and customized closet organization.

Because this place was planned on being used as a rental, I wanted to keep everything really neutral. I chose colors that would go with just about any furniture and decor but still feel modern and not boring. We had a budget of $8k for the whole thing. This was difficult with a new kitchen to replace. I utilized some of the local Restore places using used items such as the bathtub, fridge, dishwasher and a few other things. I rest I found online, making it so that the owner didn't have to give me any large lump sums of money to purchase them. I made a color board and 3-d mock up of the space. There was also a very large detached garage in the back with a workshop area. We used the upper shelves from the kitchen that weren't damage and installed them in the work area of the garage. We then just installed some work benches to finish it off. The cabinetry and counter tops were bought from Ikea making the whole kitchen replacement cost around $3,000.00 without needing anything custom made. Opted for the narrower cabinets in the kitchen for a larger kitchen area and the ability to have the breakfast bar. Everything turned out great. The owner and new renter were thrilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment